The LUKAS LK-7900 dash cam has a very good rating. This is definitely a dash cam to look into if you’re serious about investing in your safety and future financial protection.
What Do The Customers Say?
One customer said that it was a nice cam, and he had gone back and purchased a second one because the first one worked so well. He said that he had been using the Lukas LK-7900 in his front window for a couple of months, and that it had been holding up well in the searing Phoenix, AZ summer heat.
He went on to say that he had almost been rear-ended twice, so he purchased another one for the rear dashboard.
Another customer said that this cam was excellent. He said that the size of the camera disappears behind the rearview mirror in his sedan. He also said that the cam worked really well in days of over 100 degrees in California. He said that he didn’t know exactly how hot the car was, but that it might have been around 140 degrees.
He also said that just one incident has to happen for this camera to be worth the investment. He said that the peace of mind you get from having the camera attached is worth the price, even if an incident doesn’t occur.
Another customer said that it was “the best dashcam on the market”. He said that the video quality was really good, and that he could make out license plates from 50 meters away. He also said that the operation was nearly automated.
LUKAS LK-7900 Dash Cam Video DVR GPS Recorder Black Box is a step-up from cheaper dash cameras thanks to its electronics package. This camera can detect and register collisions, storing information about them like where they occurred, at what speed, and from exactly which direction.
If you’re considering a dash camera for insurance reasons, having all of this information logged and available can usually qualify you for better, or cheaper, coverage.
Lukas has done all of the basics you’d hope to see in a dashboard camera as well. This model uses the latest SD cards, supporting up to 128GB of video storage space. Depending on the settings, you can expect the LUKAS LK-7900 Dash Cam Video DVR GPS Recorder Black Box to keep track of over 3 days of video, all in short clips that feature the time and GPS information stamped on the screen.
This DVR is set by default to record over the oldest clips if you do run out of space, but the options can be changed using the included software.
Once it’s set up, the LUKAS LK-7900 Dash Cam Video DVR GPS Recorder Black Box is completely hands-off. It starts when the car does, runs off of the vehicle battery, and works continuously according to all of the settings. The camera doesn’t need to be removed to view the recordings, so it has a very secure mount in contrast to cheaper dashboard systems.
This camera system records in full-color 1080p, with resolution that can be lowered for anyone who needs ultra-long recording times. It has a button that turns on the in-car microphone, as well as an emergency button that stores 20 seconds of video with sound in a separate file.
The emergency mode works in a helpful way, saving the 10 seconds before you push the button as well as the next 10 seconds. In practice, this means that you’ll be able to present evidence in case of an accident very easily.
The only real problem that the LUKAS LK-7900 Dash Cam Video DVR GPS Recorder Black Box has is the fact that it lacks an LCD screen. You’ll need to use the included software and hook this camera up to your computer in order to get it set. It lacks an LCD screen, but it’s able to be configured entirely through software with settings that aren’t easily changed, making it an excellent choice for fleet use.
Skipping the screen also slims down the lines and makes the LUKAS LK-7900 Dash Cam Video DVR GPS Recorder Black Box a lot more sleek and simple to conceal.
Lukas has made a great mid-priced dashboard camera system. If you want a dashboard system that can be set up and allowed to run reliably, the LUKAS LK-7900 is the best choice.
It records high-quality footage to an SD card that’s easy to remove from the camera, wires into your car’s electrical system, and turns on and off automatically. It’s a clear step up from cheaper models, with a ton of helpful features that will be there if you ever need them. Pick one up on Amazon today, and you’ll lower your insurance rates and get peace of mind in case of an accident.
What Accessories Are Included In The Package?
- LK-7900 camera
- 8 GB memory card
- Power cord
- Instruction manual
- Clips (fixing)
- UV filter
Features At A Glance
- 1080P Full HD: Spot a car’s license plate from a far distance. You get the satisfaction of great HD images wherever you go. The image sensor offers you great, crisp HD image quality.
- Exmor sensor: You will be able to rely on better recording at night.
- 16:9 wide angle viewing: The wide viewing angle is adequate to prevent distortion in the video, and it’s works well with the black box.
- Integrated emergency battery: If you deal with a surprising power failure when you’re in driving mode, the camera can use the built-in battery to keep filming the final scene and then shut the system off as it normally would when the image capture is over with.
- Excellent durability, despite the temperature: The camera has an operating temperature of between 20 degrees and 180 degrees Fahrenheit. The built-in sensor for the temperature supports a high-temperature safety mode.
- Built-in GPS: The exact checking of the location with the built-in high-sensitivity GPS gives you accurate and fast driving route information, as well as location and time checking wherever you are. It even works seamlessly with Maps from Google.
- Intelligent automatic switchover in parking mode: This feature will help you save more recording data than when you’re in driving mode, and then you can go back to driving when the engine starts.
What others are saying
This dash cam has an array of features that put it in a class above the rest. And, you’re not going to spend $300 or more – like you would think you would for a camera with these features. Plus, there are more than 60 customer reviews, and almost all of them are positive.
Read about dashcam buying guide here