iTrue, a highly-famed corporation and a well-known name in the car electronics niche, has managed to exceed expectations once again by designing a top dashcam. The Itrue X3 is a medium-sized dashboard camera that features a large screen in the back, great finish and a whole variety of features that make it stand head and shoulders above similar dashcams that have hit the market recently.
At the moment of this review ( November 2015), this camera has a flawless rating on Amazon, which is out-of-this-world. This either means that this camera is truly flawless, or that the guys from iTrue have hired a lot of reviewers. The latter is definitely not true, which means this camera really has what modern drivers need – ease of use, great design, reliability, features and video quality.
Keep reading this Itrue X3 review in order to find out why the X3 dashcam might be the best purchase you can make this year.
– Emergency lock button.
– Full HD recording 1920 x 1080p at 30 fps.
– G-Sensor (accident auto detection feature).
– Super wide 170 degrees angle.
– Auto ON/OFF feature.
– 6-layer glass lenses for a perfect night vision.
– Unique WDR system.
– Simulated stitched leather-style front to cut reflections.
– MicroSD card included.
– One year manufacturer warranty.
– Endless looping.
– Supports up to 32GB micro SD card.
iTrue X3 Review – Pros and Cons
Here are the positive aspects that have made this product beat any other dashcams in its niche:
– Sharp videos: the quality of the video is excellent, both during the day and during the night. This is due to the video stabilization feature, which ensures the bumps on the road won’t affect the quality of your recordings. Daytime and nighttime videos are equally sharp.
– Leather style surface: this is probably the most important advantages of this dashcam and definitely the #1 feature that makes it stand out in the crowd. In addition to being extremely classy and giving your dashboard camera a special aspect, this surface cuts reflections from the window.
Even though this “leathery” look is molded into plastic, the texture is definitely there and you can feel it when touching the device. Thanks to the unique front surface, the light reflections are drastically reduced, enabling you to enjoy a flawless video quality.
– Amazing reviews: you can rarely find a product with all 5-star reviews and only a few 4-star ones. The good news is that you can trust all the positive reviews made to this product, because they are all verified buyers.
– Extremely cheap: at great price this camera has everything modern drivers need in order to enjoy a flawless ride and record in true HD their driving experiences. Many buyers consider that this dashcam is too cheap when taken into account all of its outstanding features. They are definitely right.
– Appealing design: thanks to the leather style front combined with the metal frame, the design of the X3 is absolutely gorgeous. This dashcam may remind you of a sleek model of smartphone that has come out recently, featuring both leather and chrome. LG G4 might be included in this list.
– Easy to read menus: thanks to the large 2.5” LCD screen, the icons are clearly visible, menus are easy to read and each button is labeled for ease of use. However, in order to find out what each button does, you have to read the user’s manual first. The manual is extremely well written and has a lot of useful info.
– Great sound quality: the sound quality is exceptional, just like the video quality. Even though the music played inside the car or the voices are muffled and lack lows and highs, this microphone has not been intended for interior use. It works perfectly fine at picking up car horns, outside noise, sirens and any other external noise that might be relevant in case of an accident.
– Overall satisfaction: most buyers are satisfied with this dashcam. There is only a negative review on Amazon, and it has to do with technical issues. The product was sent back to the manufacturer after a button broke and it has all been fixed.
Unfortunately, we could not find any negative aspects to the Itrue X3 2.7 Inch Car Dashboard Camcorder. We challenge you to buy this product and find a couple of cons – that might be an impossible task.
Read here about Dexor X7 here
-Start/Stop recording automatically after turning on/off the ignition.
-Endless looping mode. Works automatically without any human touch.
-Accident Auto Detection Feature (G-Sensor) can locks data to memory.
-1920x1080Full-HD resolution at 30 fps with H.264 compression technology
-Excellent night vision by AR0330 170 degree 6-layers glass lens
-Wide Dynamic (WDR) Technology
-2.7 inch 4:3 LCD
-Video Resolution:1080FHD 1920×1080.
-File Format: Video: MOV.
-Motion Detection: Support.
-Memory Card: Support up to 32GB Micro SD/TF Card.
-Audio Recording: Support.
-Operating Temperature: 10°F to 140°F.(We recommend remove the dash cam from the windshield when parking)
-ITRUE X3 Dash Camera
-In car charging cable
-Mounting holder for camera
-USB cable User
-8 GB MicroSD card