Promoted as the first dashcam that lets you embrace a driving style of the presidents, the DOD TECH LS460W is capable of offering you an exquisite recording experience, probably the best so far. Released in December 2014, this video camera for vehicles has exceeded all expectations in terms of richness of features and recording quality.
At the moment of this review, the LS460W model reviews are (check current here ) . This means this dashcam still fails in some areas. Keep reading this DOD TECH LS460W Review to find out which features have propelled this model forward, and which drawbacks have dragged it behind.
– Weight: 1 pound
– Batteries required: 1 Li-Ion battery
– Warranty: 1 year
– Improved night sensor: 20% larger than previous models to capture more light.
– f/1.6 aperture 6-Element glass made in Japan for a sharper image quality and better details.
– Can record continuously for 8 hours.
– 1080p recording quality under tough lighting conditions.
– Two separate mounts: tape and suction.
– Enhanced design to be easy to use.
DOD TECH LS460W Pros
– Extremely well built: the DOD TECH LS460W is a great dashcam made with top materials. The plastic finish is smooth to touch, everything holds tightly together and there are no cracks on it. The shape is specially designed to fit perfectly in your hand. Each button is separated by a large gap, so that you will always have the assurance that you press the correct button.
– Easy to use: controlling this dashcam is highly practical and very intuitive. Everyone, including those non-technical drivers, can easily set up this camera and use it to record the best moments of their trip. All of its features and design are perfectly supplemented by a large 2.7” LCD screen that gives you a clear image of the surroundings.
– Best sensors so far: Sony Exmor sensors are well-known for their efficiency and reliability. Thanks to the increased ISO sensitivity, this new sensor is able to collect much more light while reducing the noise.
The DOD TECH LS460W was specially created to support the ISO3200 sensitivity standard, which is known to increase the sensitivity of moving objects during low-light conditions. Here is a video to prove the excellent recording capabilities of this dashcam in low-light condition.
The ISO values adapt automatically to ensure the recording quality is flawless during the night when the light increases due to specific factors, such as headlights, flashlights or street light bulbs.
– GPS accuracy: another feature of the LS460W that makes it stand out of the crowd and much better than its predecessor, the 430W, is the high GPS accuracy. The GPS used in the newer model reacts quicker and is capable of capturing sensitive changes in the acceleration.
– Starts in less than 10 seconds: this camera starts at only 8 seconds after you’ve turned on your engine. It usually takes 5 to start driving, which is just perfect to record any incidents that might happen right after you get behind the wheel.
– Two windshield mounts for added convenience: another feature that makes the DOD TECH LS460W stand head and shoulders above other dashcams in its price range is the availability of two unique mounts: tape mount and suction mount.
While the suction mount provides quick removal of the camera, the tape mount is less noticeable, smaller and extremely secure, reducing vibrations to a minimum.
– 5 Hz processor: the processor of this device is one-of-its-kind. The speed is updated 5 times a second, the time and date is automatically synced with you’re the camera GPS and the actual position and speed of your car is overlaid directly on the video.
DOD TECH LS460W Cons
– The manual needs serious fine-tuning: the manual is incomplete and does not contain too much useful information for the new users.
– Audio is definitely not the best: when the device is connected to the windshield with the suction mount, the sound rattles every time you go over bumps.
– Menu in Chinese: you might have issues changing the language of the menu, and the instructions are not clear enough. You may need to look online for help if that’s the case.
The Bottom Line
Just like any dashcam launched on the market, the DOD TECH LS460W has both positive and negative aspects. Overall, this is a truly reliable dashcam with a neat design and great features.
Read about WheelWitness Hd Pro here