Promoted as the first dash cam that lets you embrace the driving style of the presidents, the DOD TECH LS460W is capable of offering you an exquisite recording experience, probably the best so far. Released in December 2014, this video camera for vehicles has exceeded all expectations in terms of richness of features and recording quality.
- Enhanced Night Quality with the New Sony Exmore Image Sensor. 20% larger than our previous flagship sensor to capture more...
- Captures 1080P Videos Under Tough Lighting Conditions - Advanced wide dynamic range processing ensures video is recorded...
- Sharp Image Quality. Low Noise. The f/1.6 aperture Japanese 6-Element glass lens ensures no details are lost. The large...
- 8 Hours of Recording Time - 64GB microSDXC cards can be used for a full workday recording once correctly formatted.
- Two Convenient Mounts - Suction & Tape. Suction is easy to remove, Tape reduces vibrations and is harder to see.
Last update on 2022-01-18 / This is Amazon Affiliate link / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
- Weight: 1 pound
- Batteries required: 1 Li-Ion battery
- Warranty: 1 year
- Improved night sensor: 20% larger than previous models to capture more light.
- f/1.6 aperture 6-Element glass made in Japan for a sharper image quality and better details.
- Can record continuously for 8 hours.
- 1080p recording quality under tough lighting conditions.
- Two separate mounts: tape and suction.
- Enhanced design to be easy to use.
DOD TECH LS460W Pros
the DOD TECH LS460W is a great dash cam made with top materials. The plastic finish is smooth to touch, everything holds tightly together and there are no cracks on it. The shape is specially designed to fit perfectly in your hand. Each button is separated by a large gap so that you will always have the assurance that you press the correct button.
controlling this dash cam is highly practical and very intuitive. Everyone, including those non-technical drivers, can easily set up this camera and use it to record the best moments of their trip. All of its features and design are perfectly supplemented by a large 2.7” LCD screen that gives you a clear image of the surroundings.
Sony Exmor sensors are well-known for their efficiency and reliability. Thanks to the increased ISO sensitivity, this new sensor is able to collect much more light while reducing the noise.
another feature of the LS460W that makes it stand out of the crowd and much better than its predecessor, the 430W, is the high GPS accuracy. The GPS used in the newer model reacts quicker and is capable of capturing sensitive changes in the acceleration.
this camera starts at only 8 seconds after you’ve turned on your engine. It usually takes 5 to start driving, which is just perfect to record any incidents that might happen right after you get behind the wheel.
another feature that makes the DOD TECH LS460W stand head and shoulders above other dash cams in its price range is the availability of two unique mounts: – tape mount and suction mount.
the processor of this device is one-of-its-kind. The speed is updated 5 times a second, the time and date are automatically synced with you’re the camera GPS and the actual position and speed of your car are overlaid directly on the video.
DOD TECH LS460W Cons
the manual is incomplete and does not contain too much useful information for the new users.
when the device is connected to the windshield with the suction mount, the sound rattles every time you go over bumps.
you might have issues changing the language of the menu, and the instructions are not clear enough. You may need to look online for help if that’s the case.
The Bottom Line
Read about WheelWitness Hd Pro here